* Had a good day at Centerpoint yesterday… 1st service crowd was a little better, but 2nd service seemed a little lighter than last week.
* Finished Week 3 of the Bring It! series… spoke on Philippians 1:12-18, The Gospel-Centered Life.
* The apostle Paul’s life was centered around and saturated by the Gospel… there’s absolutely no way of reading his letters and coming up with a different conclusion! “I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified” (1 Cor. 1:2)… “I have been crucified with Christ…” (Gal. 2:20).
* What was forward about Paul is that he was sold out for Jesus Christ… what is forward about us?
* Paul’s imprisonment didn’t hinder him from being forward with his faith… in fact, he saw his imprisonment as helping him to advance the Gospel!
* When we live a gospel-centered life, our problems take on a different perspective!
* God could’ve delivered Paul from prison… He’d done it before (Acts 16:25-34
)… but this time He didn’t, because He had a better purpose for Paul in prison. There is always a purpose to our pain!
* What do you do when your problem is fueled by God’s purpose??
* Like Paul, we can rejoice… even in our prison (whatever that may be)… because we know that God’s purpose is bigger than our problem!
* Can’t wait for Donnie toBring It!with Parts 4 & 5 over the next couple of weeks! 😉
* I’ll be back on the 20th & 27th with Parts 6 & 7 (Phil. 3)!
*So thankful that I get to do this… and so thankful for Centerpoint Church!!